Sunday, December 29, 2013

So I have a plan....

Like I've had a few times in the past. But I have a feeling about this upcoming year. Its gonna be an awesome year. @013 was, afterall, going to be a good year and as it turned out... it really was!

2013 was my year to learn...

I learned a lot this year, and not just about school subjects like health care, creative writing, and accounting. I learned my kids CAN live without me there all the time. I learned Matt can cook something that isn't fried or pre-made. I learned my kids will survive eating frozen chicken nuggets, no matter how disgusting I think they are. I learned that Oscar and Rtoo pout when I'm not home. I learned we can go camping and have fun! I learned a lot of new crafting and jewelry skills. I learned I can go all day long with only two cups of coffee instead of the gallon I used to drink. I learned I'm not just kinda smart, I'm a lot stronger than I thought, too. I learned I could still make friends. I learned I could still reconnect with old ones.

I learned to take my life back, to be happy with what I have, to bloom where God has planted me... and I learned to LIVE.

But not all the things I've learned were good. I learned I really miss being a stay-at-home wife and mom. I learned I miss being able to be so involved in my kids' lives. I learned that worrying if they get to school and home again is way worse when I can't get text messages to know they have. I learned I really hate getting up in the morning. I learned I still hate driving in snow. I learned how much I hate feeling left out of a family loop. I may have learned I can still make friends and keep the old, but I also learned I don't know how to do that when family is involved, to build the kind of relationships some of my friends have with their extended families, ties that I envy.

But I am happy with how God has already blessed my hubby, kids and me. I can be happy with the not so funny or good things I've learned. I can grow and change them. And I can rejoice in the fact the 2013 was overall an awesome year. And I can't wait to see what 2014 will bring.

I also decided to make a plan for next year. I have a goal in mind. And I'm going to achieve it... because I also learned that I'm just that darn stubborn. I'm going to work, write, play, sing, and praise God more in 2014. And I'm going to be happy.

My prayer for you, my dear friends and family, is that God blesses you in 2014. That you see His awesomeness at work in your lives. Because no matter what is in your past or what lies ahead, God is the one who goes before, guards behind, and is always by your side.

SMOOCHIES Y'ALL!!!!!

No comments: