Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My Can't Wait To-Do list...

     Yesterday was an unbelievably stressful day as I struggled to finish homework. I posted on Facebook about everything that was making me crazy, so I'll leave it at this- sick kids, accounting, and mother nature had it in for me. As I lay in bed trying to shut my brain off so I could sleep, I kept thinking of all the things I can not wait to do when I'm finished with this class. Because when I'm done with this class, I am done with school. And I'm taking a couple of months away from stress to focus on family and relaxing before I finish growing up and go out and get a job.

      So I decided to start a list and call it my Can't Wait To Do list. And since number one on that list is blog more, I thought I would write a blog post about it, seeing as I haven't blogged regularly in what seems like FOREVER! So here goes....

1) Blog- I miss blogging. I started as a way to share the going ons in my family and I've gotten out of habit and I'm going to fix that.

2) Craft- I miss making things. I try to fit it in but like blogging, it's something I haven't done regularly and I miss it. So I'm going to fix that. :D

3) Scrapbooking- While some might call scrapbooking and crafting the same thing I don't. Crafting I do for me and scrapbooking I do for me and my family. And I am WAY behind in scrapbooking. And picture taking. So you guessed it... I'm going to fix that.

4) Writing- I miss writing for fun and not for school. Two and a half years of school papers and discussions and I was starting to dread writing. But a couple months ago I took a creative writing class and I had fun and realized how much I missed it. SO I'm going to fix that. :D

5) Walking- I like going for walks with the dogs, even when I end up carrying Oscar most of the way and I miss feeling like I have the time. So I'm going to fix that.

6) Bible classes- We've been visiting a new church and they have a Ladies' Bible class on Tuesdays. While I don't have school stuff on Tuesdays, I tend to sleep a little later letting go of stress and gearing up for the next week's assignments, so I miss it. :D I'm going to fix that too.

7) Coffee dates- I'm hoping I will have more time for coffee dates with friends. I miss meeting up with people and its surprising how many people have plans on days I'm free but are free on days I focus on school. I'm going to fix that too!

8) Time with my kids- Maybe I should say FUN time with my kids. Last summer when I took 6 weeks off, it was AWESOME and not just because we were in Italy with my sister! I didn't have to worry about finishing a paper or discussion post or answering comments or anything school related and I loved it. And when my kids said "Hey, can we do ?" I was all over it. I can't wait to fix that!

9) DIY stuff- Again, most put this in the crafting category, but I don't. I have some things I want to do around the house to make things more efficient or decorative, things that I can inexpensively DIY, so I'm going to figure it out. I want to learn to do somethings around here so I'm going to fix that too!

10) Redecorate- Along with the DIY stuff, I want to redecorate. I'm on a mission to make my house look less like an oversized dorm room. I've been working on it for months, but it's going to be a long process. I'm working on fixing it. :D

So there we go, my I Can't Wait To-Do list. Or maybe I should call it my I'm going to fix that list? Hmmmm.... :D

SMOOCHIES YA'LL!!!!








No comments: