Sunday, July 3, 2011

What do you mean my last post was in MARCH?!?!?!

I am so sorry!!! I've been so crazy lately with school, both mine and the kids', and I completely spaced out on blogging! I love facebook because I can pop out a little note on what my day is like, what the kids are doing, wish someone a happy whatever the occasion is and keep up with my family and friends. But that's all they are; little notes. My bestie, Tami, and I made a New Year's resolution that we were going to try to write something non-school related and non-chat related each week. I think we both failed that one. (We talk almost every day through internet chat, so that's why non-chat related was included in our resolution. And bestie, by the way, is what my kids call best friends that are so close they're like siblings.) I promise! I'll try harder.
Not much going on except for school being out for the kids and it officially being summer vacation. Sis is officially a 7th grader and Eli is in 5th. Really, I have NO IDEA how that happened. It's amazing to me that in 44 days, Eli will be 11 and in 64 days, Elizabeth will be 13!
Yup, I said it... Liz is turning 13 in 64 days. Seriously! Can I find a hiding place now?
I'm still in school, and will continue to be for most of the summer. I'm also still a 4.0 student, although I'm still in shock about passing math. And I'm a little nervous about my next class, since it's a science class and the outline looks like I'll be a very busy person for the next 5 weeks. But, like so many of you have told me, I can do this! :D It's a class about humanity's impact on our environment, and that's something that interests me, so I'm actually looking forward to what I'll learn... just not all the papers, labs, and quizzes. I'm thanking God that I only need 1 math and 1 science, and that with this science class, I'll finish all my core requirements and start on my major. (I changed from History to Health Care Studies... it's a long story, but just know I'm happy with the change.)
I scheduled myself a little vacation after my next class and I'm soooo looking forward to it. Matt's even going to try and take the first week of it off too. We're hoping to go south to visit family and friends. Oh, and we're thinking about being tourists in our home town area and getting Seattle City Passes for the 4 of us. You can learn about City Passes by clicking here: City Pass. They aren't available everywhere, but if they are in your area or where you're thinking about vacationing, give them a shot. It's an AWESOME deal!
But, yeah... Like I said, there's really not much going on. Truth is, I should be finishing a paper about women and the U.S. Constitution, but I needed a brain break. And now that my brain is officially clear of facts about women in U.S. history, I can go back and look at my research with new perspective. (By the way, if you're a women reading this and you don't vote... watch the movie Iron Jawed Angels. It's a true story about some of the events that led to The Nineteenth Amendment. The things those women went through so we could vote should be celebrated each and every election. Just saying.)
Ok, enough advertising and lecturing, I either need to work on a paper or go to bed. I love you all!!!!!
SMOOCHIES!!!!
P.S. After writing this blog and discovering a problem with publishing it, I might not be posting this until after the holiday weekend. So until I can figure out what the heck I'm supposed to do so I can publish this...
HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!!

No comments: