Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Another Letter...

Remember how I wish that sometimes I could write a letter to my parents and God would deliver it? Today was another one of those days. Dear Mama and Daddy, Guess what?!?! I did something I don't think I have ever done in my entire life. Are you sitting down? Because this is a shocker. I made the Dean's List with a 4.0 GPA! Me! The one who almost didn't graduate because of science! (I still think Mr. Tisdel gave me that C on my final!) Remember that conversation we had, Daddy, when just you and me went to Idar-Oberstein, in Germany? I told you then I didn't think I would ever make the honor roll and all through high school, I didn't. Even at BPC I couldn't do it. But now, I actually made the Dean's List! I think it has a lot to do with this one class, every five week set-up. I only have to concentrate on one subject at a time. It's kind of funny watching me... I flip out every week, especially if I have a paper to turn in. And when I do turn a paper in, every one can tell you that I am an absolute pain in the keester with how I doubt my work and announce that I would be happy if I get a B. All the fuss, only to recieve a perfect grade on the paper and so far not a single class with a final grade under 96.5%. And remember how I was worried about the amount of writing that was required? I think it's actually helping way more than if I was in a classroom and actually had to talk to answer questions. I won't promise that I'll keep that 4.0. Not that I won't try, but I'm not going to set myself up for disappointment. I like the pleasent surprise when my TA calls me to let me know that my latest grade has been applied and that it was a steller A. I will promise that I will continue doing my best. Love and miss you too! Hug Big Grandpa and Aunt Dorlo and tell them we miss them too. Charity I made the Dean's List! How cool is that?!?! SMOOCHIES YA'LL!!!!

2 comments:

Mama Dragon said...

Yep she is doing AWESOME ma and da that I haven't met yet... (and hope not to meet for some time mind you, but I will some time in the future I am sure)... we keep reminding her that she is great and that she will do great... you have a very smart daughter and I am sure you are very proud of her like we are.

Hilary said...

YAY CHARITY!!!