Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My unexpected Love Note...

Yesterday, the person I showed love to was Matt. And I did it in a way that I didn't think meant all that much. In fact, although I knew Matt was going to be my "Love Note Victim", I hadn't had time to plan my "attack". (I love that concept for my plan! hehehe) The kids were on bicker mode from the moment they walked off the bus and when that happens, I spend most of my afternoon and early evening playing referee, forget planning anything. By the time I was preparing dinner, I was sad that I still hadn't thought of something. You know, I think it's really cool when God knew that I needed a little reminder about Matt's Love Language. And at the same time I got to show Matt how much he means to me, I was reminded that I'm loved too.

See, Matt works in downtown Seattle. He leaves our home at around 5:30, 4 mornings a week and goes to Redmond where he catches a bus to Seattle. Total commute time is around 2 hours one way. He gets off work at 5:30, but doesn't get home until sometime around 7:15 to 7:30. Well, I start making dinner so that usually it's done, or in it's final prep stages by the time he walks in the door. I've never really thought it was a big deal. But yesterday, I learned differently.

Matt noticed I was upset about something other than the bickering the kids were up to and told me thank you. It was the kids who asked him why he was showing gratitude and he said, "Because when I come home and dinner is ready or almost ready, then I know how much your mom loves me. She shows me because she's making sure I have something to eat, because it's so late or incase I haven't had time for lunch. She says 'I love you.' every time she does something for us. And sometimes, Mommy needs to hear that we're thankful for everything she does."

I really do love February!

SMOOCHIES YA'LL!!

No comments: