Sunday, February 7, 2010

More Love Notes!

So sorry I didn't post more last week, but I did warn ya. :) When the weekend approaches, we get real busy around here. Let me fill you in on our love notes:

Wednesday, I'm gonna say my love note was for Oscar, our Toy Poodle. We changed his food and have been mixing old and new to keep from upsetting his tummy. Well he's been eating the new stuff and leaving the old in his bowl. So Wednesday, instead of mixing it, I started putting all new food in there.

On Thursday, I gave both Lizzie and Eli a love note by telling Liz she could go to her BFF's house and spend the night Friday. How is that giving Eli a love note? As Matt put it: Two Bedroom Apartment... enough said.

Friday, it was again, a double header, this time the victims were Matt and Rtoo. For Matt, I made his favorite breakfast. Matt LOVES french toast and I make it using a special blueberry bread. Not often, because a regular loaf of bread is $1.29 (or .99 on sale) and the blueberry bread is $4.59. Another reason I don't make it often is that I can't eat bread a lot, and so I usually make something I can eat. Rtoo's love note was a 50 ft lead for playing at the park and training. I saw it on Animal Planet's show "It's Me Or The Dog" and thought we could try it. We're trying to teach her to come when called and we can't let her run around the apartment yard without a leash. And besides, it's no fun for her to play on an 8 ft leash.

Saturday, it was Rtoo, Liz, and Eli's day. Matt and I took them to the park to play and work with Rtoo on the above mentioned training and playing. We think that Rtoo was left outside and ignored a lot because she doesn't know what to do with toys. And although she seems to understand things like 'Sit, Down, Stay, and Wait', has EXCELLENT dinner manners, and has yet to have an accident in the house, she doesn't do too good on a leash and has a serious chewing issue. Forget experts who say, "Give your dog something to chew on and your house, slippers, and hats that your kids forget to pick up will be safe!". We've left Rtoo alone 2 times in the 2 weeks we've had her, and the first time she decimated her temporary crate, one of Matt's old slippers, and almost got one of Eli's new slippers. The second time it was a hat Eli left on the floor and one of my slippers.

I wish I hadn't forgotten my camera, because seeing her chase a toy and the kids was so awesome! And it was EXACTLY what she needed! And when the kids got bored, they went to the playground equipment and Matt and I worked on the recall commands. It was beautiful, both the kids playing and all of us out there playing in the sun instead of sitting in front of the TV or computer all day.

Today, it was Eli's day. I made his favorite dinner: Mommy Asian Take-out. We LOVE teriyaki chicken and egg rolls. And in October, Eli had a Project-of-the-Month for class where they made a asian cookbook. Eli picked egg rolls, and ever since it has been his favorite choice in our "Mommy's Take-Out Fake-Out" menu. This is an old picture, but other than the hair, it was exactly what he looked like today!


So, I am a big football fan and I am seriously jealous of my sister today. Usually I torture everyone in my house during football season and watch every Seahawks game I can. The rest of my household, they aren't really all that into the same sports. This year was a major exception... Love the team, HATED the coach. Matt banned me from watching the rest of the season after I almost threw a soda bottle at our TV after one game. The coach blamed his team for losing and not once owned up to his mistakes. All season long, that was the way it was. And at one point, he had a lot of his starters on the injured list, was playing with 2nd and 3rd string players and didn't demand enough because he knew they would fail. Yes, they aren't the 1st string for a reason, but they are professionals and maybe they would have played better if he had shown a little faith in them. And don't even get me started on his draft picks before the season even started! Sheesh!

Anyway, back on track. If you aren't Amber (who I hope remembers to read this) and you didn't already know this.... Amber lives in New Orleans. We've been teasing each other ever since the Saints and Colts won their playoff games over which team we wold route for. Personally, I was more than willing to cheer the Saints on because they're basically the underdog. I mean seriously, 1st time in franchise history at the Super Bowl. But Amber, who I don't think normally is into football, was caught up in the madness of her current city of residence. So of course, I announced I was cheering for the other team. I find it morally imperative that I disagree with her. It's how we've made our sibling bond so strong. We always disagree, simply because it's so much fun! Ok, not in EVERY part of our lives, but come on... this is fun stuff!

Seriously? I ended up cheering the Saints on anyway. My decision was decided when one of the announcers at some point during todays pre-game stuff, commented on how Saints lucked their way in and he was sure the Colts would win. What with Payton Manning, they couldn't lose, right? That made me mad and so I changed sides. I can do that, my home team wasn't playing, so it was fair game.

As the Saints played their way to victory today, Matt and I watched together. And as the 4th quarter got closer and closer to the end, Matt started guessing when Amber would call. I was sure she would sometime after the game and I was right... but WOW!!!! I never expected her to call from where she did... ON HER WAY TO THE FRENCH QUARTER!!!! And again while she was in the French Quarter! She and her hubby, Chris, decided to go to what is being dubbed Mardi Gras 2,

Send me a picture Amber. I am so jealous!

Smoochies Ya'll!

PS added 5 minutes later... After I published this post, I was reading over it and I remembered another love note from today. For Liz, I made her Valentine's Day Cards for class. She hates the ones you buy because she says they're all just so childish, but she still wants to give everyone in her class something special. Serious Love Note for her... I handmade 25 Valentine's cards! I'll post a picture tomorrow!

2 comments:

Grandma Connie said...

And the Saints go marching in.........Sounds like your sister is celebrating way too much.....I guess it goes with living in "the" city of the day. I didn't get to watch the first half of the game but watched the 3rd and 4th quarters. I made homemade cheddar potato & ham soup(yum-o)and enjoyed a lazy evening. Hey, when you thing about it, send me your recipe for your fake-out take-out egg rolls. They look fabulous.

Daisy said...

She had a blast! And then the other night (Tuesday) she and her hubby and a whole group took all the kids to see the Saints Parade. Once in a lifetime opportunity. :)
Are you feeling better? The kids say Hi and they love ya Gramma!
I'll try to get that recipe to ya tomorrow. They are so good! I'd ask for the soup recipe, because that sounds so good, but I'm the only one who eats soup in my house! Oh well!
Love Ya!