Thursday, July 3, 2014

Some of the things we've learned...

Ok... things are changing. More specifically, things are going back to the way they were with some improvements. I've even been toying with a few ideas about a new blog direction.

I've made a discovery over the last few months. One of them is that I now (more than ever before) believe that God made some women comfortable working outside of the home and I am not one of them. I also have a new appreciation for my amazing hubby who goes to work and has to deal with traffic, work, and other frustrations. So now, I just want to take this opportunity to clarify a few things....

Yes! I worked VERY hard for my degree.

Yes! I really honestly think I would go back and do it again.

Yes! I am still very interested in health care administration.

And most importantly... Yes! I am very happy with my choice to leave my retail craft store job and return to being a stay-at-home mommy, also known as the Chief Mullins' Family Home Manager and Teenager Wrangler- Carnation Division. 

I learned that I am quite capable of learning new things. I used to be a basic stringing kind of girl when it came to my jewelry making. I learned that some of the things I was so interested in aren't as hard as they appear and I can pretty much teach myself anything... just give me a YouTube channel and/or a book.

I learned that I REALLY miss having the time to read, hang out with my friends (online or in real life), go for walks to the river, blog, and write regularly. I learned that I can still make new friends and that while it feels like it's gonna kill me; standing for 8 hours a day won't actually kill me.

I'm not the only one who learned a few things the last few months. My kids learned that little elves don't make dinner appear. They've also learned that while sometimes they don't like the choices for dinner, when they don't have to cook it, it's a whole lot better. They learned that when Mommy has to do it all, Mommy is not happy at all. They've learned to appreciate how lucky they are to have a parent there when they come home to help with homework and cry on when they've had a bad day. They've also learned that it's not a bad thing to let Mommy have some time to be creative... and that they can survive on their own when they take the responsibility part of it all seriously.

We all learned to appreciate each other.

And that is the most important thing of all!

SMOOCHIES YA,LL!!! I look forward to new things with you!

No comments: