Saturday, July 4, 2009

HAPPY JULY FOURTH YA'LL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone. Sorry I've been seriously AWOL lately. Summer vacation started the Friday before Father's day, and let me tell you.... MY KIDS HAVE BEEN GOING NON-STOP!!!!!!

And I don't mean activities, although we started summer with a quick trip to Salem, Oregon to visit with family. My kids have been working on summer reading and art projects, along their main annual summer activity: Driving mom crazy while coming up with new and inventive ways to maim each other. 3 weeks down, 8 more to go.

Well, today is the 4th of July and we're out playing in the yard, waiting for the fireworks. This year, we didn't go to the parade, so I don't have pictures of that part of today. Instead we went to Redmond for a quick trip to Borders. When we got to the parking lot, Matt saw a sight that had him drooling like a kid with carte blanch in a candy store... There were a lot of Ferraris and Lamborghinis along with a Porsche 550 Spyder parked in the lot. Apparently a bunch of rich people (I think I saw a few Seahawkes there) meet at the restaurant there every Saturday morning. Guess where we'll be next Saturday morning?

Once the festivities here in town moved from the down town area to the park by our house, we walked down to take in some tunes and partake in another one of Matt's favorite activities: Micro Beer tasting. We're still catching up on money and aren't big drinkers anyway, but occasionally, Matt likes to have a nice cold beer, and if it's a WA micro Brew, that's even better. I like the way Carnation set it up this year, there was a fenced off area and police right there. The kids and I sat on one side of the fence while Matt sat in the 'garden' enjoying his one beer. And wouldn't you know? I forgot my camera.

I have my camera now, though. And later I'll post some pictures from the fireworks. For now, I'm gonna run, cause the sun is almost gone.

Have a happy and safe celebration ya'll!!!

SMOOCHIES!!!!!!

No comments: