Friday, June 5, 2009

I love the last few weeks of school!

I really love the last few weeks of school. Rules are still there, but there's a lot more fun to be had. For example, did you know today is Crazy Hair Day? 

Sissy and Eli couldn't wait. We were going to mohawk Eli's hair last night, but I have been having some problems with my right eye and well.... we didn't get around to it. But Eli's hair is long enough to spike, so this morning we did. And Lizzie's hair is a little dull in this picture, but I spiffed it up some at the bus stop. She's like me and has a ton of hair, and that makes it a little hard to do too much with it.

I have to say, I absolutely LOVE the expression on Eli's face. I think I was asking him what he thought of his hair, and he was telling me: "Eh.... It'll do." Translation? "I thought I wanted a mohawk, but this is way more cooler. I really want to get long hair, Mom. Thanks for forgetting and for putting glitter in my hair!" No, I'm not making that up. He actually said that.


Lizzie decided she couldn't see her sparkly good enough, so I fixed it up some more. We were running out of time, so I finished it at the bus stop, where I didn't have my camera. I'll take an additional shot of her when she gets home.

You know... I'm always looking for ways to embarrass my kids. Now, don't take that the wrong way. I know for a fact that when I take them to school and yell "I LOVE YOU" and call them cutsie names as I drive away after dropping them off with their friends, or when I stand and wave as the bus rolls away... I know that even though they roll their eyes, turn bright shades of red, and act all offended, deep down they really like it. It's a fact. Once I didn't holler while driving away, and a few times I was distracted and forgot to wave as the bus drove off. Man oh man did they get after me when they got home. They like it that even though I'm an authority figure, I know how to be fun and carefree when the situation is right. And while today was a student sponsored event.... 

I wonder how they would react if I decided to participate in Crazy Hair Day?

SMOOCHIES YA'LL!!!

1 comment:

Maitias said...

Love the Hair Do's.

I love you guys and I miss you.

I'll see ya tonight.

Daddy