Saturday, February 28, 2009

Did you ever have that feeling?

Did you ever have that feeling you were forgetting to do something? Over and over and over again? And for the life of you, you can't remember what in the world you are forgetting to do?

I've been going around for the last few weeks with the feeling that I was forgetting to do something. Some nights, I would lay awake, eyes glued to the ceiling, and go over every thing I had done that day including how many times I had a glass of water or how many times I went to the ladies room. A few times, I got up to make sure the doors were locked, the dishes done, the freezer door closed, and the lights all off. But no matter how much thinking or tracing my daily steps I did, I couldn't for the life of me remember what I was forgetting to do. Until yesterday.

Thank you, Connie, for telling Matt that I haven't blogged in a while. And thank you, Amber for commenting a day late and a dollar short. I honestly squealed when I saw the email notice and when Matt asked what was up, after I told him he said, "Oh Yeah! My mom said you needed to do that!"

The sad thing is, not much has been going on around here. Well, other than Sissy discovering that boys in 4th grade don't think like girls in 4th grade. She had her first 'boyfriend'. (For all of 24 hours.) And now, the little boy has decided that following her around, even as far as the girls room, is the best way to get her back. Oh and Eli... well, Eli has been going through a growth spurt and has been very unusually grumpy. I miss my little cheerful imagineer. I'll be sure to fill you in on when Eli the Usual returns. 

For Valentine's Day, I made the kid's cards for their class, along with little gift baggies. And wouldn't you know, I forgot to take a picture. Matt had to work Valentine's Day and so we celebrated on the 13th. It was no biggie, the kids were out for mid-winter break, and we spent the day together. The kids and I gave Matt a Johnny Cash collection of his concert at Fulsome Prison. Later, we all went out to a late lunch/early dinner, and then I got a fantabulous surprise... a new scrapbooking tool! An electronic die-cutter to replace my Cricut that died a few months ago. 

This one, a Making Memories Slice, is so much better. For one thing, the design cards & replacement blades both cost less that the ones for the Cricut. And it uses a glass cutting mat compared to a plastic one that has to be replaced often. The only bad thing is that it only cuts up to 4 inches, where the Cricut can go larger, depending on the type of Cricut you have. But so far, I have used my Slice more often in two weeks than I ever used my Cricut. I am a happy scrapper!

Another thing that's been going on the last few weeks is that I've gotten a cleaning bug. I reorganized and rearranged my scrap stuff, as well as my living and dining rooms. But that pales in comparison to what I did next. I started cleaning out our evil monster garage. I got as far as I could, and I'm a little more than halfway done. We have to find a way to get rid of a few mattresses and a couch that have water damage, then I can finish.

So other than that, not much has been going on. I hope this finds you all well. And now that I have actually added this to my calender so that it sends me a reminder notice weekly, blogging will hopefully be one less thing I forget. :)

SMOOCHIES ya'll!

No comments: