Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Row Row Your Boat....

Here we ago again. Anyone got a boat?

This morning, Matt had to take an extended route home. He was confused at why the kids still had school. At 8:40, the school district declared a half day. The high school had been in session since about 7:30, and the middle school about 30 minutes. I got back from taking my kids to the school bus where a substitute bus and driver was sent when our normal bus and driver decided she wasn't going to risk the rest of the students she was responsible for getting stuck on the wrong side of the river. Good call on her part. I ended up having to pick up my neighbor's daughter from the middle school an hour earlier than the expected half day release.

Here are a few of the pictures I took when we had to make an unexpected, but necessary trip into Redmond. The water rose about 2 feet in the 1.5 hours we were gone. 

The Snoqualmie River, about 1/5 mile from our apartment at about 4PM.
This next one is when we went to Redmond, and went across the one and only road that was open. We were scared it would be closed by the tie we got back. Thank goodness it wasn't.


For Christmas this year, I got a new car... a Dodge Nitro SUV... Yay! I finally got a 4x4! (I'll post a picture tomorrow or the day after.) Anyway, when matt decided we would all accompany him into Redmond, just in case the one and only road across the valley ended up closing, we told the kids to pack an overnight bag and take their bed time buddies. While Matt was inside taking care of his necessary errand, I took the next two pictures... the kids love the fact that we now have a shoulder belt for the bears in the center console. It was just too cute when I turned around and saw this:


And this:

Too Cute, huh?!?

When I received my January issue of my favorite scrapbook magazine, I read about one of my favorite scrap artists new scrap concept and kit of the month for January called Project 365... If you are a scrapper then you probably know what I'm talking about and the whole debacle that ensued. 

Project 365 is about documenting a year of your life with pictures and journalling. I was planning on posting my pictures that I've been taking in hopes that one day I might one day get the amazing kit that so many people wanted but didn't get. (The page protectors and album that you get were worth the price, IMO. They are the key to what made this kit such an awesome kit. Slots for pictures journalling and a title block... Just slide it all in and go!) But.... nope, I posted the pictures of the river by our home.

I hope you guys are safe. I'll keep you all posted on us and how we're doing.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Glad you guys are safe!! We've been thinking of you :)

Daisy said...

Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts you guys! It really does mean a lot! We're good so far. The water got kinda high, but Matt was home and awake all night, so he made sure we remained safe. Have a great day!