Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm gonna tell!

I love to collect quotes. Mostly they're about coffee, and I have a few scattered all over the spaces I occupy on a daily basis. It's really a good attitude booster when I'm working on a difficult project and I'm ready to scream and I look up just to read:
 
"Coffee isn't a drug! It's a VITAMIN!" or "Without caffeine, I have no personality." 

My personal favorite coffee quote is:

"In the beginning, there was darkness. Then God made a big strong pot of coffee and got to work."

I'm not trying to be sacrilegious with that, but it kind of makes me stop and think, you know? God is forever. And He created us in His image. I've always imagined Him staring at the spot He chose to put Earth, cup of coffee in hand, contemplating whether or not He should put us here, wondering if He knew then what it would bring about and how His son would suffer. I personally think I would need a VERY big pot of coffee (and maybe a bottle of valium) if I knew I was going to make a decision that would eventually lead to my son's death. 
 
Anyway, I've started to look for other quotes this last week, to help me have other things to think about besides coffee. There's humor everywhere you look, you just have to be willing to see it and/or hear it, and then accept it for what it is. And I have found some good ones.

"Reason to smile: Every 7 minutes of every day, someone in an aerobics class pulls a hamstring." and "If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neckties? How intelligent is it to start the day by tying a noose around your own neck?"

But yes, I have found new favorite quote, with a little humor mixed with some truth to stop and make you think. This one is about sisters. It's from Maggie Lindley and goes:

"My sister is the only person I can tell on in the morning and giggle with by the afternoon. She was my first confidant and my closest companion. And she will always be my precious friend."

Made me stop and think. How many times would my sister and I start the day (or in many many cases, end the day and carry it over to the next one) with an argument or a reason to drag our parents into it, only to have both of us giggling over something by the time we ate dinner? But more recently, how many times have we had some sort of argument while talking on the phone, just to be laughing hysterically by the time we hang up?

I know what some of you are probably thinking... why bother to blog about all this? The reason is very simple... Amber reads my blog. I haven't talked to her in a long time. (almost a month and a half now.) I know she's busy getting used to her new home, new schedule and all that, but I miss her. So I'm hoping she'll read this.... here goes:

AMBER: CALL ME OR I'M GONNA TELL ON YOU!!!!!!! :p

SMOOCHIES!

No comments: