Thursday, December 25, 2008

A record Christmas... And the police shot my dog.... (Not really, but you'll see!)

OK, so first things first. No, the Carnation/Duvall Police did not shoot Oscar. I had to put that in my title because it was so funny when Sissy said that! I mentioned earlier this week that Sissy is sick, right? Well, her ears are seriously plugged up and she's having a hard time hearing. She's also snoring right now. You should hear my house. Eli and Matt are curled up in our room, snoring, and Sissy and I are out in the living room and she's snoring just as loud as they are.... Anyway! This morning, we were watching the Disney Parade, and they had a Hispanic singer on singing Feliz Navidad. Sissy sat there staring at the tv with the oddest expression until she realized what he was really saying and then cracked up laughing.

When she could breath again, she said, "I thought he said 'The police shot my dog!!!!!'" LMBO!!!!!

I thought I would give you a little better explanation for one of my posts from yesterday. I hate snow. Really. I can't drive in it, I freak when I'm the passenger in a car with someone else driving in it, and since my house is full of sick people, we can't play in it so the kids have been hanging all over me for 8 days now. And although rain is expected to start sometime either tonight or tomorrow, getting in and out of town is proving rather difficult. 

I. Hate. Snow. Period.

It snowed all day at our house. And for those of you who read my blog but don't live in the Pacific Northwest area, Washington had a record setting day. It's the first time in 147 years, since 1861, that we have had this much snow on Christmas day. I'll give you a few examples.... 

This is the tree right outside my dining room window. Just so you know, normally those branches are much higher than my 5'2.5" frame. But not even these nobel trees can stand tall when they get more than a foot of snow dumped on them in 8 days with only an occasional dry day or two mixed in there... And those days didn't reach above 30 degrees!


We wanted to see if Oscar could wade out of the snow... we didn't expect him to sink all the way up to his back! And when we lifted him out.... His paw prints hadn't hit grass, just compacted snow. In some areas of our yard, the snow is up to my knee.


Enough of my snow whining. Let me share with you some really quick Christmas highlights...

We got a package yesterday from my Big Gramma Roonie, and when everyone opened the gifts she and Aunt Dorlo sent, I had to send everyone's thanks. Matt was happy to receive his gift. And it's already out in the truck waiting for next time he has to pull over and take chains off the truck... Our road side flares are gone, and the snow is not!

Just this year, Eli has begun to realize there is more to life than video games. I tried to teach him baseball, and football. Too much hand/eye coordination. Soccer on the other hand.. PERFECT! Only... he's been using a pink soccer ball. Now he has a "Man Soccer Ball!" He was so excited. And it was actually the first gift he took out of it's box.

Sissy's favorite color is green and she opened her gift, sat long enough for me to snap this picture before she ran to her room to get her purse. And when she went to put her allowance in her new green wallet... she happy danced herself all over my foot. 

I got some scrapbook stamps, and I promise I will post a picture of me with my stamps soon. I even handed the camera over so Matt could take my picture. I just ran out of room while loading pictures today. I'll even post a scrapbook layout I did today with my new stamps!

Santa scored high points with both kids... Eli got a big Lego set that Matt spent almost 3 hours assembling for him. But it was the one he wanted. Sissy got 2 sets of Pop and Swap Polly Pockets. And Santa managed to find 2 Yummy Land Pet sets for her, too!

Daddy got a new video game, and a new sweatshirt that Mommy can't steal. It's OK, though... Mommy got a new soft hoodie. And if she sees Daddy in it he's gonna have to sleep in a snow bank. (Mommy likes wearing men's sweatshirts and hoodies cause they aren't cut like the women's ones and she thinks they are more comfortable.)

Thank you, everyone who sent a card or gift. I haven't yet made it to the post office due to the weather, but this year, I really am going to mail my cards and gifts! As soon as I can get to the post office!

Hope you had a great day. Merry Christmas!

SMOOCHIES!!!!!

No comments: